MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING SIRIMON | CHOGORIA ROUTE
Mount Kenya Climbing Sirimon | Chogoria Route, you have 5 days climbing package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya and Mount Kenya (Sirimon and Chogoria Routes). The 5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Sirimon | Chogoria Route includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
DAY 1: Departure Nairobi – Sirimon gate – Old Moses camp ( 3,300m)
DAY 2: Departure Old Moses ( 3,300m)- Shipton camp (4200m)
DAY 3: Departure Shipton Camp (4200m) – Acclimatisation Day
DAY 4: Departure Shipton (4200m) – Point Lenana(4,985m) – Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m)
DAY 5: Departure Meru Bandas (2,900m) – Chogoria town
Nairobi – Sirimon gate – Old Moses camp ( 3,300m)
Mount Kenya climbing Sirimon Chogoria Route starts from Nairobi, drive to Mount Kenya and have lunch at the equator En route to the Sirimon Park gate (2660m). From the gate, we trek up through magnificent montane forest, bamboo and giant heather zone before reaching the high-altitude moorland and our first hut (Old Moses camp 3,300m) for dinner and overnight. This is a gentle trek that takes 3 – 4 hrs gaining an elevation of 680m
Old Moses ( 3,300m)- Shipton camp (4200m)
5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing starts After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking right at the junction. After a water break, you continue on the track crossing Ontulili River before turning right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North River and continue uphill to Mackinder’s Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the Shipton Camp. This camp is a surreal setting below the towering peaks and glacier. Resident population is of Rock hyrax and sun birds.
Shipton Camp (4200m) – Acclimatisation Day
For better acclimatization you can take a rest day at the Shipton camp. Short walks / day hikes are possible on the summit climb to Oblong and Hausberg tarns gaining an elevation of 370m before returning to the camp for lunch. Afternoon is at leisure.
Note: Climbing high and sleeping low is excellent for acclimatization – but you can do that almost as well touching in the sun watching the eagles!
Shipton (4200m) – Point Lenana(4,985m) – Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m)
Kick off at 3.am to reach point Lenana in time for the African Sunrise.
5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing starts on frozen scree and continues on a rocky track with some very minor scrambling. with a good moon you barely need a torch. Without a Moon then the pollution-free sky bangs on the ground giving you as good a view of the Stars as almost anywhere on Earth.
The climb takes 3-4 hours and to add to the exhilaration, Mt Kilimanjaro is also visible from the horizon descend to Minto`s hut for full breakfast. After a short rest descend further to Mt Kenya Bandas along the Gorges valley where you can enjoy good views of the Temple, Lake Michaelson, Mushroom rocks and Giants billiards table Mountain.
Dinner and overnight at the Mt Kenya Bandas. Here can enjoy log fires, hot showers and bed at the Bandas.
Meru Bandas (2,900m) – Chogoria town
5 Days Mount Kenya climbing kicks off after breakfast, descend on a broad track through bamboo and virgin rain forest to meet vehicle for transfer to Chogoria town and further to Nairobi arriving by 17:00hrs.
Look at this amazing safari https://lionridertours.com/8-days-tsavo-east-tsavo-west-amboseli-lake-naivasha-masai-mara-luxury-safari/
COST OF SAFARI
5 Days Mount Kenya climbing Cost will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Mount Kenya National Park rescue fees
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Mount Kenya National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Evacuation Service
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in.
For more information:
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636