5 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING CHOGORIA ROUTE DOWN NARO MORU
Mount Kenya Climbing in 5 Days, Start and end in Nairobi! With the Mount Kenya Climbing in 5 Days Chogoria Route Down Naro Moru , you have 5 days climbing package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya and Mount Kenya (Chogoria and Naro Moru Routes). The 5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Chogoria Route Down Naro Moru includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
DAY 1: Departure Chogoria – Mount Meru Bandas – 4hrs, 16km walk, 950m
DAY 2: Departure Mount Meru Bandas – Road Head Camp, 3hrs, 9km, 350m
DAY 3: Departure Road Head – Mintos Hut – 4 hrs, 12km
DAY 4: Departure Mintos – Point Lenana – Met Station – 11-12 hrs, 29km, 785m ascent/1985m descent
DAY 5: Met Station – Naromoru – Nairobi – 3hrs, 9km, 400m descent
Chogoria – Mount Meru Bandas – 4hrs, 16km walk, 950m
In this Mount Kenya Climbing in 5 Days, you will be Picked up by your driver guide from your hotel in Nairobi at 7am to Chogoria town for an early lunch. After lunch, take a 4x4WD vehicle to the forest clearance, 16km from where the walk starts. You will walk for 16km through the forest along the dirt and sometimes very muddy road for 4hrs to reach Mount Meru Bandas at 2950m. Dinner and overnight at Mt. Meru Bandas.
Mount Meru Bandas – Road Head Camp, 3hrs, 9km, 350m
After breakfast follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Road Head Camp taking approximately 3-4hrs. Overnight at Road Head Camp at 3300m.
Road Head – Mintos Hut – 4 hrs, 12km
After breakfast in this Mount Kenya Climbing in 5 Days, you will follow the track through giant heather and forest up to Chogoria road head from where the path drops to cross a stream then follows the broad ridge to the east of the gorges valley to reach Mintos Hut, 4200m. Dinner and overnight at Mintos Hut.
Mintos – Point Lenana – Met Station – 11-12 hrs, 29km, 785m ascent/1985m descent
Leave shortly after midnight at 2am towards the main peaks and divide after an hour, above a flat green area at the head of the valley known as temple fields, arriving at point Lenana at 6:30am. After taking photographs, descend to Mackinders for breakfast and continue down to Met Station at 3000m for dinner and overnight rest.
Met Station – Naromoru – Nairobi – 3hrs, 9km, 400m descent
After breakfast, descend through the rainforest, which is 9km to Naromoru Park Gate at 2,600m where you will connect with your transport back to Nairobi, arriving at approximately 3pm
Read more https://lionridertours.com/7-days-amboseli-lake-nakuru-masai-mara-budget-safari/
COST OF SAFARI
Mount Kenya Climbing in 5 Days cost of this safari will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
Please contact us on email email@example.com or phone +254 721 778 636 or and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible.
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Mount Kenya National Park rescue fees
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Mount Kenya National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Evacuation Service
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in.
For more information:
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636