MOUNT LONGONOT DAY TRIP HIKE
Start and end in Nairobi! With Mount Longonot Day Trip Hike you have a full day tour package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya. The Mount Longonot Day Trip Hike includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
Mt Longonot is a dormant stratovolcano mountain located some 68km from Nairobi. The mount Longonot height is 2780m above sea level and it has a wide crater at the top with small green trees and volcanic spaced steam vents along the crater wall. The mountain is located inside of a park bearing the same name. Mt Longonot 1 day hike is very popular due to its short distance from Nairobi city and the lower park entrance fees.
The hike on mt Longonot takes between 3-5 hours depending on pace and fitness. The hike from gate to the crater rim is 3.1km in length but the height gain is rapid and this makes for a stiff climb. One can also decide to circumnavigate the crater rim which is a distance of 7.2km. The hiking trail is provided with some rest points but its narrow especially on the crater rim.
The total length of the hike up, around the crater rim and back is 10.3km through some narrow paths and treacherously steep inclines.
7:00am: Leave Nairobi for mt Longonot national park
8:30am: Start the hike up the mountain
10:30am: Reach the Mt Longonot crater rim and go around the crater.
12:30pm: Descend to the base and depart for lake Naivasha.
1:00pm: Enjoy a lunch at the fisherman camp
2:00pm: Optional boat ride in the lake Naivasha
3:30pm: Depart for Nairobi
5:30pm: Drop off in town or hotel. End of Mt Longonot national park Tour.
COST OF SAFARI
The cost of this safari will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636 or and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible.
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Meals as per itinerary Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Services literate English driver/guide.
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Recommended Mineral Water while on safari.
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
For more information:
Please contact us on email email@example.com or phone +254 721 778 636